Thursday, April 28, 2011

It isen't always fun being someones younger sister

I had a moment of connection with my younger daughter today as I sympathized with her about how being the younger sister in the family is not always easy. Leyla was trying to teach Natalie how to play duck duck goose but really what was happening is Leyla was smacking her on the head and then runing in a circle around her laughing. After a couple times Natalie decided this was not nearly as funny as Leyla thought it was and began to cry. As I picked her up the thought that came to my mind was why do older siblings always want to play games that their younger sister can not yet play or understand. Well it is because they know they can win these games. The next thought was wow I would have never jumped to that first thought if I was not also the younger sister in my family ha ha. So I comforted Natalie and told her I understood how she felt because I was the baby too and I'm sure that Leyla's behavior was totally something my brother would have done. Oh siblings are so much fun I love the dynamic that having two children two years apart brings to my family. Actually Leyla is a wonderful big sister and I love that just recently the girls have begun trying to play together. I love watching the little games that they discover they can play together. Apparently today Leyla learned that duck duck goose is not one of them and she'll have to put that one on the shelf until Natalie can at least walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment