Friday, April 8, 2011

Why I'm blogging

I never thought I would write a blog but I decided to walk for march of dimes for Leyla and I thought maybe it was time I wrote a little bit of the story from my view. I'm walking because I want to honor my beautiful mircle baby girl. Leyla was born at 30 weeks 5 days and weight 2 pounds 12 oz. I never thought something like this could happen to me and I was scared to death that I was completely out of control of my daughters life. I can say the only way I got through those few months we spent in the NICU was with God's hold me up. Leyla was a super hero she did so well and got strong and stronger every day. Leyla has never had any lasting problems from being premature and I want to celebrate that. I have a very real sense that this sistuation could have turned out very differently and yes I believe the reason it didn't was all God, but I want to give thanks to the wonderful NICU that was my daughters first home. The awesome technology, doctors, and nurses that took care of my little angel were nothing less than amazing. I want every premature baby to have the absolute best chance for survival so March of Dimes has become something I support very strongly. I hope many will come along with me in this journey of support for this wonderful organization.
http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=3749682&ct=4&w=4798290&u=LeylaRose

No comments:

Post a Comment