Sunday, April 10, 2011

just another post

I have to say that when Leyla was born I was really scared but our NICU experience was something I will never forget. I do remember all the scary moments and how much I wanted to just get out of there and take my baby girl home towards the end but I also remember there were some really great days. Days that I spend hours reading to my girl, holding her, and taking care of her. The nurses would tell me how little they had to do because I was there everyday and had learned all the things that needed to be done above the normal newborn things.
I say that because I think that is what really changed my out look on what God was calling me to do. It was the amazing NICU nurses that helped me come to realized that nursing was something I should be doing. I can't wait to find out if I've been accepted to the nursing program at Ivy Tech.
My life has changed so much since that day that Leyla was born and it would have changed in such a different way if she had not made it. I often try not to think about how real of a possibility that was. I'm so thankful for both of my little girls
Which reminds me Natalie is crawling and has three teeth now. She just decided to get all her teeth at the same time. However, now we have a new theory about why she isen't sleeping, her teeth hurt. I have given her a small amount of tylonal each night but she is still getting up a couple times. Oh well her and I had some special time this morning because we got up before sister and daddy. Now time to get ready to spend some quality time with our church family

No comments:

Post a Comment